Monday, March 16, 2009

Hi my name is Reba, and I have a problem....


My problem is this: Selective Forgetfulness. I'm not sure if it's a real word. But it's definitely my problem. I did something today which I know in the past I have sworn to myself I'd never do again. I signed up for a spinning class. Sigh.

I saw a sign advertising 8 weeks of spinning for $100 at my gym. It looked exciting. The people in the picture looked like they were having fun. They looked happy. That could be me!!For some reason, I thought "Yeah, I should totally do that." As I walked to my car a few minutes later it all came flooding back to me. 5am, wanting to pass out, girl from India fasting, SB, no hard candies for us, and alas....quitting after 3 (or 2?) sessions. Had I lost my mind? Perhaps the exercise high had affected by better judgment. Was I forgetting how much I hated spinning?

There are however 3 main differences this time around.

#1 (and probably most importantly) - I will be consuming food on a regular basis. I may even (gasp!) have some carbs before I go.

#2 - The class starts at 9am. Much better than 6am.

#3 - I may have, possibly, built up a little stamina during my last few months at the gym. Hopefully.


I know it will be hard. But dammit I refuse to get off the bike and walk out with 8 other people watching me. I can do it. I will hate it. I already hate it. But I think it will be good.


I have chosen to selectively forget my previous spinning experience, in the hopes of creating better and much for lasting positive memories.


I still hate it though.


Reba

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 at 9:08 PM , Blogger jujulime said...

Reba!!! amazing!!! hahah you know what I too found myself google searching spinning classes... haha idiot! i can't wait to hear about your classes haha and those 3 points are extremely good points especially #1. I will call you tomorrow evening, does that sound good?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home