Friday, May 8, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U.....this is taking too long....

I will be channeling my inner preteen for this posting.

What has happened to the "here and now" mentality of my youth? Countless authors has written about it (ie. Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth) and it's a common subject between friends. Why can't we just stop living for the next "big" moment?

I will be happy when (fill in the blank)
I loose 20 lbs
I quit my job
I get married
I have children
I have a bigger house
........


I have very little patience for anything anymore, including my recently restored weight-loss journey. They say patience is a virtue. I'm not really sure what that even means, but I know I'm desperately looking to hold onto whatever patience I have at least a few days a week. But I am learning...(and impatiently waiting for the next weigh in...)

In an attempt to better appreciate all the little things that add up to what is, essentially, our lives, I offer you the following innocent lyrics as told through the eyes of a sort-of teenage girl who probably knows very little about struggle or patience seeing as she has a (successful?) singer father and has been on Disney's payroll since the age of 11. All bitterness aside, please look up this song "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. I have posted the lyrics to the chorus below. Insightful little ditty.


There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb


Miley is right your know. It is the climb. Or at least it should be. I'm going to try and put that into perspective.

On a totally unrated note, I did BOTH level 1 and 3 of the Shred tonight. Level one with the hubby and then I thought, "just do it....seriously." So I did. And I survived.

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM , Blogger jujulime said...

reba! i came on here to finally post on your goals becaause i read your blogs on my phone but there is no way i'm going to sit there and touch type my reply. but then i came online and WHAMMY new blog change, i like the bright green facelift! I get so excited for your weigh in haha probably just as excited as you haha so yay it's around the corner. you know one day you're gonna way up and be like where the hell did life go? everything has happened so fast, you're grandkids will be turning 18 so just chill and enjoy the moment...haha and i need to learn that too. i'm off to go see boyfriends ghost something with Matthew Mc.C and Jennifer G. by myself.. haha caues i have no f riends and John is out of town in Abbotsford. yay me! i'm bringing a wee little half mini can of d.coke and a 100 cal snack pack!

today i shred level 3, hour walk, and 30 mins on the bike.

Woot woot!

congrats on the shred X 2... Cory will thank you one day!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo call you soon!

 
At May 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks really good dear I am proud of your hard work and your great ability to cook


love mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home