Monday, May 11, 2009

You spin me right 'round baby, right round.....

Well, a great "Non Scale Victory" for me today. I successfully motivated myself through my own HOUR long spin session at the gym. It was amazing. Truly, I felt totally unstoppable. 60 minutes and 9, count 'em 9, AP's.

I've realized that the absolute best way to spin is with some amazing music. The other night found a whole ton of fast remixes of everything from Celine to MJ to old school '90's stuff like Scatman...(do you remember this song...the beat is amazing for working out.) So I plunked myself on the spin bike and decided I could do at least 45 minutes (the length of my spinning classes.) Once I got to 45 I thought "what the hey, I'll just keep going!!!" I was totally soaked, my face was red as a cherry and I felt like I was going to keel over. But I didn't. Then, I put on my cool down selections (today's was The Climb by Miley Cyrus and a song called Believe by I don't know who.) Basically I almost started to cry. In the gym. Biggest Loser Style. While I was stretching on the bike. I was so exhausted and impressed with myself and into the song I just about freaken started crying. haha. So funny. I think I busted through a mental block today. I keep telling the hubby to stop saying that he can't in regards to exercise etc and I think I'm finally started to believe it myself.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you will.

Down 1.5lbs at my WI today. Total of 11lbs lost in 3 weeks.

SO excited to keep this going. I truly feel better than I have in years.

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 1:13 PM , Blogger skinny me! said...

Totally agree with you! Music makes such a HUGE difference spinning. way to go on the 11 pounds! We've lost the same amount...for the next couple of hours anyway....got a weigh in tonight! woo hoo.
Ps. And I totally see how that Scatman song would get me going on the bike..lol.

 
At May 11, 2009 at 3:08 PM , Blogger jujulime said...

Reba! you have a new follower! congrats on the 60 min of spinning! i am impressed!!!! your endurance is off the hook woman. haha i can just imagine you in that gym getting all teary - great work - i'm happy that we are both doing this weight journey together again, haha but in a healthy way! MUAH!

ps: congrats on your 1.5 you loosing bastard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home