Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It all comes down to this...

Well, what an exciting (and all together epic) evening last night. Usually I tape BL, but I decided to watch the 3 hour finale. It was long. Intense. Anti-climactic. But I still loved it.


1) I loved that Jerry won the at home prize. He looked great. Although some of those with young families probably could have used the money more.


2) I was impressed by mostly everyone elses weighins. I loved that Sione and Philipe looked so great. I think that Kristin looked great too. That one crazy girl who only lost a bit, she still bugs me. And I thought it was really sad that the one young guy only lost like 40 lbs. Now what for him? Do they still help him out?


3) I have read that Jillian is not going to be on the next season of BL. However, they said nothing of that, no "Thanks Jill" or anything. hmmm.


4) I think Mike looked great and almost a little too thin for my male tastes. But he looked unreal.


5) Tara. What can I say. Basically I want to look like her. She is amazing. I've always wanted her to win, but quite frankly, I think she looks perfect at the weight she is now. 10 more lbs and I think she will be too skinny.


6) Speaking of too skinny. Helen. Good for her. She looked really incredible. BUT I think that weight will be impossible for her to maintain. I heard she is 5'6. Personally I think women look better when they still have curves. I'm bitter. I wanted Tara to win. haha


Enough BL. I love that show though.


So I tried out some new recipes from ESBM and I wanted to share them.Above is the 'Kentucky Freud Chicken.' Basically a baked chicken with lots of yummy seasonings. I liked it because it was a little crispy and not greasy AT ALL.
The next recipe was INCREDIBLE. Also from ESBM, it's the 'Crash Test Dumplings.' I've always wanted to try a recpie like this and I was impressed by how well it turned out. I bought some wanton wrappers from the grocery store and filled them with a yummy asian flavored mixture of ground chicken. We steamed them and served them with the really well flavored sauce they also had a recipe for. The actual wanton making was a little time consuming and you can only steam them in one layer at a time so you have to make them in batches. But so worth it. We also tried some Whole Wheat Couscous for the first time. Just boiled a little chicken stock and bam. Easy a pie? Easier really.





A really great day. I'm looking forward to throwing the left over wantons/dumplings into some soup for lunch this afternoon. Also Day 25 of Shredding today with no days missed. Just about done! I need to go look for a new DVD.
Have a great day!

1 Comments:

At May 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM , Blogger skinny me! said...

yum, yum...looks fab!!Love seeing pics of food that people make.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home