Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blog Make-Over

As per Julie's recommendations, I have given my blog a slight make-over. I'm not sure I love it, so it may change again.

This week has been pretty good so far. I feel like I haven't been moving as much as usual, but I'm having some pain in my shins and I'm trying to stay off of them in preparation for my 5k on Sunday. I've been spinning/biking/doing videos. I don't know, I just feel sort of lazy. Perhaps it's the heat.

I was teaching this morning then went for a little bike ride around the neighbourhood early this afternoon. It's an absolutely beautiful day and not windy at all, which is definitely rare here in Lethbridge. I'm done teaching tonight at 7:30 so I think I'll go with the hubby for a nice walk.

I've been thinking about purchasing a new bike. I am currently using my husbands old (and much too big for me) bike and I would love to have one that fits me. I also think it would be a fun activity we could do together since it's so low impact and Cory could definitely keep up. I took a look online and I'm thinking about cashing in some airmiles for some Sportchek Gift Cards. I can get about $125 worth to put towards a new bike. It would essentially be like getting a bike for half price. Hmm. I checked out the Canadian Tire website too to see how much they are there...I'd basically be paying a couple hundred at least. Anyone bought a bike at Sportchek? Anyone have any opinions on this matter?

On another note. It looks like the man and I are taking the plunge and finally moving to Greater Vancouver. Cross your fingers, pray, whatever you do....we need jobs! I'm done teaching the third week of June and I will be heading out about that time. Cory will follow within 2 weeks. We'll be staying with my parents until we can find a place and get set up. At his point, I'm willing to make major sacrifices to be out there and get this show on the road. I may be working at Tim Hortons, or my 15 year old brother may be training me at McD's. haha. Hopefully not.

That means, Julie and I will be less than an hour away for a year. Yay. Until she moves her butt back to Alberta. We can't win. But I'll take what I can get :)

Looking forward to this weekend! Dinner with Julie and fam Saturday night, 5k Sunday morning, then I'm staying with a good friend and her new little daughter for the night in Calgary.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home