Monday, May 25, 2009

Reached my first goal!

Well I had a really great week and it showed on the scale again. I am down another 1.5lbs. The best part is that I have now reached my first goal of 15 lbs lost! 15 lbs in 5 weeks. Amazing. I am so proud of myself for sticking with this.

My reward for this goal is 2 new cookbooks. I previously purchased them at COSTCO and hid them in my closet until this very moment. This morning I will be enjoying my coffee and reading through "The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook" and "Hungry Girl 200 under 200" I am so excited to have some new recipes to try.

The past week was good. I continued to get tons of AP's (just about 60 I think) and of course I stayed on points completely. I even had a treat of a small ice cream yesterday while on a day trip to Waterton.

I did a "practice" run/walk of the 5k that Julie and I are doing next Sunday. I did totally great. Run 2 then walk 2. It took me about 37 minutes. Good for me anyways. I know Julie won't let me get away with Run2/Walk2 so I'm going to try Run 2 Walk 1 today and see how it goes. I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Breakfast this morning was some Cottage Cheese Oatmeal Pancakes. Sounds weird, but they are really good.
Make 4 small pancakes
2 servings (of 2)
4 points per serving

1/2 cup oats (not cooked)
1/4 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs (I'm sure just the whites are fine)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar or splenda

Put it all in a blender and give 'er. Cook like regular pancakes with some PAM in a med-high pan. I topped mine with almond butter, grated apple and a little plain yogurt.

Just a quick one right now, need to get some coffee and get my day going. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2009 at 9:33 AM , Blogger jujulime said...

Lover - haha when i read your blog i was like run 2 walk TWO? what?! haha and then i laughed when you said you couldn't do that, that's right missy walk 1 min, booya! unless you want to bump it up to run 3.5/walk 2 we could do that... we'll see how we're doing! i'm happy you have reached your goal and received a damn star for every weigh in you SOB. haha i'm HOPING HOPING HOPING i get my first star on friday. i'll have to pump it up mon' 4 days till weigh in.

 
At May 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM , Blogger skinny me! said...

WOW! thats awesome! Big congrats...great work.

 
At May 25, 2009 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Yay on reaching your goal. You totally rock!

I love the cottage cheese/oatmeal pancakes. They taste great and are good for you. They have the perfect carb/protein combo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home