Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A few new recipes.

Hello guys!

First off, congrats to Skinny Me!!! on her major loss at this weeks weigh in. Keep it up girl!

I had sort of a blah day yesterday. I think my body needed a little rest after my mach 10 attempts at AP's last week. Alas, I just did a Pilates DVD in an attempt to stretch and get a little movement in. I feel a lot better today though and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week. Long, long teaching day today (1-9) so I'll be glad when that's over.

Thought I'd do a little post on some of the recipes I've tried yesterday and so far today. Julie asked me to try and post the actual recipes along with pics when I can, so here you go! I'll try and do the recipes whenever I have the extra time.

This is my very random lunch yesterday. I kind of just made it up on the spotm but it turned out to be SO yummy.

Warm Coucous Salad with spinach, mushrooms and cashews
1 serving = 5 points.
1/4 cup of cooked whole wheat organic couscous (cooked in Veggie stock)
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup fresh muchrooms
handful of cashews
half a lemon of fresh lemon juice
1 fresh chopped scallions
Garlic Powder

Add the Spinach to the hot cooked coousous, cover and let it wilt. Meanwhile sautee the mushrooms with some garlic powder in a tiny tiny bit of oil and veggie stock. When the mushrooms are almost done, add the cashews to the pan to lightly toast. Add the mushrooms and cashews to the couscous and spinach. Squeese on fresh lemon juice and top with fresh scallions. Enjoy!







Our dinner last night was a Chicken Parmasen Burger. I take no credit for this recipe because I lifted it from a blog the other day. Very very good though.
Makes 4 servings. 7 points per burger including topping. Plus Bun.
Ingrediants;
Burgers
1 lb, extra lean ground chicken
1/4 cup, grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup, bread crumbs
1 clove, garlic
1 medium, shallot
3 tbsp, fresh chopped parsley
2tsp, Italian Seasoning
Topping
1 cup or so, pasta sauce
1 cup, sauteed mushrooms
4 large slices, fat-free mozza cheese
In a medium bowl combine all of the ingredients for the burgers. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
Grill (or broil) burgers for 4-6 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for 4-6 more minutes on the other side until fully browned and cooked through. Remove from the grill, top each burger with pasta sauce and cheese. Place back under the broiler for 30-60 seconds until the cheese is melted. Top with sautéed mushrooms if desired, and serve on toasted hamburger buns.
Finally, my breakfast this morning was SO SO good. I've been seeing some interesting Oatmeal concoctions on food blogs. This is my attempt. Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal. Really really filling too. 5.5 Points
1/3 cup of large flake oatmeal
1 banana
1 tsp natural peanut butter
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 cup of plain, non fat yougurt
Cook oatmeal according to directions. Add all other ingrediants and stir. Enjoy!
Hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday. Halfway to the weekend!


2 Comments:

At May 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM , Blogger jujulime said...

lover! thank you so much for posting the recieps!! i am going to try the couscous this weekend and I am going to eat that oatmeal tomrorow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that looks so good, haha i will never forget our first oatmeal and berries time we had only a few years back... muscle deprived, longing for natural sugar to touch our tongues hahahaha! anyways i am getting so pumped for our run in just a couple of weeks! I am going to blog shortly about my intense work out yesterday.

i see you soon! hip hip hoorah!

julie

 
At May 20, 2009 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Yum, those recipes all look great.

I actually tried the Rachel Ray orange cashew stir fry tonight, that you posted the other day. Really good! Will be having leftovers for lunch tomorrow too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home