Friday, May 15, 2009

Fake-out Take-out

Just a short post tonight. I wanted to say 3 things.


1) First of all, congrats to JUJU on her WI this morning! The scale is now moving in the right direction, receiving from me a resounding "Hallelujah!"
2) I went for a bike ride tonight. For the first time in probably 10 years. I enjoyed it more than I can express. I truly loved every moment of it. I can not wait to go again tomorrow. On that note, can I just ask one question....when I used to bike ride it was common place to get off and walk your bike across roads. Is this still the correct procedure? I got off and walked across roads while people were whirring past me on their bikes. Am I that biking dork with my past leg tucked into my sock and a goofy helmet? Am I supposed to ride across? At intersections? This seems a little dangerous to me. Please tell me if I missed an update on the rules.
3) I made the most wonderful and awesome dinner tonight. Courtesy of Rachael Ray. I used her recipe for Orange BBQ Cashew Chicken. Basically fake-out take-out. We had it with some brown rice. OMG! So so so so so so so so good. I definitely recommend you try it. You can fine the recipe on her site. (I just didn't stir-fry the chicken in canola oil...way too many points. Just a little tiny bit of oil and chicken stock.) It was 7 points for one serving plus 2 points for the rice. Makes 4 servings. Unbelievable and TOTALLY worth the points. Wowza.




Here's a pic of my breaky (Peanut butter and banana on toast) and my yummy dinner!

Seriously? Doesn't that look good? Left overs tomorrow!

3 Comments:

At May 16, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Looks delicious. I am definitely adding that to my list of recipes to try!

 
At May 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM , Blogger jujulime said...

Reba! that looks amazing!!!!!! I showed John and he said for sure we need to try that! I'm so glad you enjoyed biking and just so you know if you bike across an intersection and think you can be ticketed up to $500, if you're on a bike you're considered a vechichle so good for oyu for getting of and walking! ugh - i have to go to the gym today cause i didn't go yesterday.... however i walked from 2:30- 5 & then 6-8:30... i know random, i earned 8 AP's WOO!

xo

 
At May 16, 2009 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

Hey Rebecca, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your dinner looks delicious!!!

I actually have the "Eat Shring and be Merry" ... I need to go through it and try some other recipes, I`ve only tried the Butter Chicken recipe. I`ll definitely be checking out the dumpling recipe, thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home