Sunday, May 17, 2009

The day after tomorrow...



Tomorrow is day 30 of the Shred. I can't believe it's been 30 days. I feel amazing and it's so great to know that on days I'm feeling blah, if nothing more, at least I've "Shredded." I haven't missed a single day, which probably makes this the first time in my entire life that I've stuck to something this long. That being said, this also marks the end of my first month on WW. So I guess I've stuck to 2 things for 30 days....more to come.




The day after tomorrow I begin month 2 of WW and the second installment of BL DVD's. I went to Chapters yesterday and purchased 'Biggest Loser Bootcamp' and 'Jillian Michael's - Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.' BL Bootcamp looks like 3 levels, level 1 20 min, level 2 15 min, level 3 10 mins. It seems to me that you ADD ON levels as you go through them...so eventually you have a 45 minute workout plus 5 min each of warm-up and cool down. It's with Bob. We'll see. Banish Fat is just one workout for 40 minutes.




Listen people, I work from home. Most day I have my mornings free. I have no reason to "phone-in" (haha, Shred joke....) my workouts and have them only be 20 minutes. I can totally find the time to do 40-60 min. On days when I really am short for time, I'll just pull the Shred back out.




I declare here and now that I will do another 30 days of consistent DVD workouts on top of my normal gym and other activities starting Tuesday. I think I will still call it Shredding for ease of words. But it could be any one of three DVDS.




Finally, I tried making a Falafel Burger last night. I used a slightly modified recipe from the Rachael Ray cookbook "The Big Orange Book." (Man, she uses a LOT of oil in her recipes.) Anyways, it was really good. She called for a high fat Tahini based sauce but I just made a fake-out tzaziki sauce with plain, non-fat yogurt, dill, lemon and garlic. Topped it off with the sauce and some sliced cucumber. It is not the most colorful of meals. But it was really good. I'm going to have the left overs in a pita for lunch today with some greek salad. Yummy.




Thanks to all the new people who have been reading and leaving comments! Much appreciated! I'm enjoying checking out your blogs as well.




Off to the gym for some spinning.




WI tomorrow. Send skinny vibes :)

3 Comments:

At May 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Wow, I am amazed that you did 30 days of shredding in a row. I'm also shredding, but only a couple times a week. I get too sore doing it more than two days in a row. You rock!

 
At May 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I keep hearing about this Shred DVD on WW.ca. What is it like. Are there pushups and stuff?

 
At May 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM , Blogger jujulime said...

Lover - you are amazing! I will make sure to congrats you tomorrow on your last day of shredding! I def. want those dvd's so bring them on our RUN in a few weeks!! we are going to do great on that run just you wait - trust me it' sall about time & control!

for all of you reading Becky's blog please note... she earned 19 AP's TODAY. crazy mo fo congrats!

love always.

G.D.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home